filter in upper air box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dryan521

Reaction score
Hi hope this wasn't discussed yet, I did search and could not find.

I have a 2005 equinox awd 3.4l, I bought a k&n drop in filter from work....I pulled the air box lid and noticed it had an air filter glued in, however it seems someone ran the nox without the throw out filter and clogged up the non replace filter, would it hurt to take out that glued in filter in the lid and just run the k&n?

Thank you in advance,
Ryan.

5280nitro

Reaction score
I was wondering if you removed the upper filter in your Equinox and if you did were there any issues? I have a 05 and have thought about cutting out the upper in mine. I have noticed in some of the videos of people replacing filters in 08's they do not have the upper filter. The only reason I can think they put these in the vehicle is due to protecting the MAF sensor.

ThePapaJohn

Reaction score
How well does that MAF hold up to the oil that comes off the K&N filter over time? I used to have a VW TDI that the MAF would die in under 30K if one switched to a K&N.

Members online