P0073 Ambient Air Temperature Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adwill

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a project 2020 Chevy Equinox that's progressing nicely, thanks to all the help from you kind folks. The Equinox had a collision on the bumper on the driver's side which I've been fixing.

I'm getting a P0074 Ambient Air Temp Sensor Curcuit High ODB II code. Fair enough, it was smashed off. I bought a replacement sensor and wired it up like in the picture. Cleared the code and the code came back. Wired it the other way, same thing. I read there was a trick to hold down the AC and air circulation buttons at the same time, but that didn't seem to do anything. The temperature on the entertainment system is correct, it matches a thermometer in the yard. Not sure if there's another sensor it uses.

Someone suggested if I drive for a while it'll reset itself, but the car doesn't have plates yet so a bit risky to drive around the block a few miles like an outlaw. I could buy a new part again but it's money I don't want to spend if it won't change anything.

Any ideas? Not a super critical issue but I've been steadily correcting code after code, and soon this will be my only one.

Thanks again!

Derrick

Attachments

• 20230619_120302_capture.jpg
    20230619_120302_capture.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 9

Members online