Equinox P0172 and P0175

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hercule08

Reaction score
I have a 2010 six cylinder Chevy equinox with approximately 115,000 miles on it. I have had nothing but recurring thousand dollar repairs on this vehicle. My latest nightmare is I was showing a P0 172 and a P0175 code. I took it into the dealership and just received a phone call that my high-pressure fuel pump is leaking, there is gasoline in my oil, and another $1000 repair. Additionally, I have replaced the timing chain twice in the past 2 1/2 years. I have also had to replace one of the catalytic converter‘s. I told the dealership to change the oil and nothing else. Also, to demonstrate what a horrible vehicle this car has been, I have rust at the bottom rear of both front fenders and my rear rocker panels are rusting through along with the floor pan on the driver side. I have a sticker on my driver door that says proudly made in Canada :) . I am not a mechanic. I am getting rid of this vehicle ASAP but I guess a few questions I’d like answered. First, could the high-pressure fuel pump has something to do with the replacement of two timing chains? If I only change the oil and not address the fuel pump issue what is the likelihood of safely driving this vehicle for a month or two until I can replace it? Also, as I have not seen any equinoxes on the road with near the rust that is on mine, could Canada be using inferior steel? Any insight or input would be greatly appreciated

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts