Equinox "Common Issues"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chip

Reaction score
I did a site search and did not find a return for the question on " common issues". Forgive me if this is not the proper location for this question.
I just wanted to have a sense of how this platform has progressed across it's model development. I will be eyeing a 2016 model this fall / winter, so later model issues might tell me a lot. I plan on owning a V-6, so I am interested in the 3.6 engine as well. Thanks for any help you might provide. :favorites13:

chevyboy3199

Reaction score
I did a site search and did not find a return for the question on " common issues". Forgive me if this is not the proper location for this question.
I just wanted to have a sense of how this platform has progressed across it's model development. I will be eyeing a 2016 model this fall / winter, so later model issues might tell me a lot. I plan on owning a V-6, so I am interested in the 3.6 engine as well. Thanks for any help you might provide. :favorites13:
I found that with the awd models, the type of tire really affects how it works in the snow, some tires produce oversteer while others produce understeer and let the front end push, another issue is not really the ride height but the height of the front diffuser can be a little annoying. Make sure you always clean your back up camera because the way the air flows over the car it brings all the dirt and dust up the back which covers the camera lens.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Svard75

Reaction score
Difficult question to answer precisely. Each vehicle could have a problem different from another. I never purchase a new vehicle because there is insufficient long term reliability statistics available. A 2016 Chevy could be terrible compared to the same model one year earlier. It's a risk that is mitigated with the comprehensive warranty. You also have lemon laws in the US should you have irrefutable evidence that your vehicle is a lemon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score

What did you end up getting? Sucks that the 2016 was not equipped with the 3.6 engine.

Members online

No members online now.