Equinox 06 - Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vp13

Reaction score
Hello, Any idea what could be causing this (pls. see video)? Is this a carbon build-up? This only happens after the cold start. Noticed this recently and not sure if related but also got an engine check light just last week. Thank you!

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what you are questioning. Is it the ticking noise? The engine code might be helpful. It sounds like a sticky lifter, but hard to tell from the video.

vp13

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what you are questioning. Is it the ticking noise? The engine code might be helpful. It sounds like a sticky lifter, but hard to tell from the video.
Yep, the ticking noise out of exhaust. It started last week, and only does it after the cold start. I can also feel it while driving, after a few miles, it seems normal.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
You could try something like rislone or mystery oil to see if it helps. If you have a higher mileage vehicle it may be wear and the rockers just need to be adjusted. You may want to have that code read. Many parts stores do it for free.

Members online