Engine cover oil stain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jiftim

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I just purchased my 2010 Equinox a few months ago from a family member. About a month ago, I noticed an oil stain appearing on the left side of my engine. Well I just finished getting married so it took me a little while to look into it but I took the cover off tonight to find a tube under the cover sticking up into it. It has a connector like it should be attached to something or at least have a cap but I can't seem to find out what it is and where it should go. I posted a picture for clarification. Can anyone tell me what this is and if it should go somewhere?

Thank you!!

Attachments

• 2013-10-29 18.13.13-2.jpg
    2013-10-29 18.13.13-2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 10

Jiftim

Reaction score
Nevermind. It apparently attaches to the air intake on the cover on top of the engine cover. Didnt think to look there since I had removed it and the end had been stuck underneath the engine cover.

Reaction score
I seem to do that some as well, ask a question on a forum only to figure it out shortly after I have asked the question. :)

Members online

No members online now.