ECO mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jherman

Reaction score
Does anyone drive around town with the eco mode on? I have a 2010 nox and in the eco mode it idles really rough at stop lights and when it is in park. When eco mode is off it idles a lot better. Just wondering if this is normal or if I should have mine looked at?

TurboRaddo

Reaction score
I have a 2013 1LT I got a week ago. I have left it in ECO mode for driving around town. No issues with idle. I have also read a bunch of posts from other people that leave it in ECO mode at all times.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Does anyone drive around town with the eco mode on? I have a 2010 nox and in the eco mode it idles really rough at stop lights and when it is in park. When eco mode is off it idles a lot better. Just wondering if this is normal or if I should have mine looked at?

ECO mode has to do with the TC lock-up, and idle speed (since TC is locked up), with minor changes in shift points. I personally drove it with ECO off because I spent 95% of my time on the highway with cruise on.

ECO=+1 mpg according to GM around town IIRC. To me it was not worth that.

ferg

Reaction score
I have this same problem when at stop lights my idling go's really low and is very rough. i have 120 K on atm. I have been thinking about having it look at but, do not want to get into chasing a problem in the computer.

JPNNH

Reaction score
I started driving with ECO off too...Drives so much better & 1 mpg not worth it to me

masijc

Reaction score
I recently stopped using ECO mode and noticed a night and day difference with the idle at stops. 80% of my driving is on the highway. I will give an update on mpg performance in a week or so.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

masijc

Reaction score
After a month of normal driving with the ECO mode off I am actually getting better fuel economy. Went from 23.6 to 23.8mpg!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jherman

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. When I had it in for the recall on the oil monitoring system the dealership adjusted something in the computer and it seems a little better. It seems like it idles better in eco now but a little worse in regular driving mode. The adjustment did not do anything for the idle when you first start it in the mourning. The idle jumps all over the place. I don't know if I have ever had a car that acts like this when you first start it up.

rob

Reaction score
I had a 2010 that had this rough idle that showed up only when stopped or sitting at traffic lights. It would come and go then eventually got so bad that the car wanted to stall. The dealership kept saying it was nothing and I kept pressing. In the end it had nothing to do with the eco, the dealership replaced the fuel pump and the problem was gone. My brother also had a 2010 and it ended up with the same problem.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I had a 2010 that had this rough idle that showed up only when stopped or sitting at traffic lights. It would come and go then eventually got so bad that the car wanted to stall. The dealership kept saying it was nothing and I kept pressing. In the end it had nothing to do with the eco, the dealership replaced the fuel pump and the problem was gone. My brother also had a 2010 and it ended up with the same problem.

Sorry that you had that issue! Glad that they got it fixed for now!

Members online