Drive with my hands not my feet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtieman

Reaction score
Since I roll in the wheelchair and was born disabled, I wanted to share my hand control installed on my Nox with this forum since you all are pretty cool!
I drive with my hands not my feet lol.
These suckers are expensive, and marked up way to much... over $750 for the parts alone not including labor. Which considering what they actaully are (two bars with joints haha) marked up a little to much, which all handicap and medical crap is! But can't complain because
GM mobility program gives you a reimbursement up to $1,000 so that's good considering it cost me $1,300 total. I am grateful to Gm for that, Toyota nor Honda offer it.
Only thing you have to cough up the money first then wait a few months for the reimbursement.
My last trucks I had installed them myself, no fun to do, but with a new vehicle, you cannot even buy the parts anymore yourself, only a authorize reseller and installer can get em.
Overall install was pretty clean looks somewhat factory, i let this same place put em on my wife's Malibu. Only complaint is that they just cant make it a straight $1,000 out the door. I might start my own business installing these since i know they making a killing lol

So they work as down for Gas & forward for Brake.
An able body can drive this no prob, the gas pedal moves freely and does not move the handcontrols , when you hit the brake it just pulls the bar forward. My wife is tries to drive it sometimes with the hand controls, haha a little tricky if your not used to it.

Here is a youtube link i made for a demo since a few other wheelchair people were asking how they worked.

Kick your feet out the window and enjoy the drive and wired looks lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JjG0DSs3Fc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

bowtieman

Reaction score
Here is another pic how they look not installed, had this set on my S-10. The Equinox has to have a different brake bracket.

4bab714e-1f5b-398e.jpg

4bab714e-1f6d-291d.jpg

oleg1981

Reaction score
nice man! where dose wheel chair goes? i so one time a guy with merc with some complicated system where wheel chair goes on the roof.

bowtieman

Reaction score
Lol yea i hve seen the roof mounts. If i am driving by myself i just take off the wheels(quick push axels) and carefully slide it over to the passenger seat. And stack it there. If people are with me i have them pop it in the back fully assembled. Here is some pics

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331422515.836287.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331422515.836287.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 10
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331422552.340193.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331422552.340193.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 13

MaryJone

Reaction score
Great man’s great post. You’re maintaining your vehicle very well. You have a nice set up.

bowtieman

Reaction score
Thanks :) It makes the Nox fun to drive! Plus my wife uses it at a stoplights/long stops to rest her feet lol

Members online

No members online now.