Dies when warm (not hot)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

macattack

Reaction score
Oddest behavior and there are no codes, but when it gets up to one notch from the middle of the engine temperature gauge it HATES to idle, in fact it just dies.

It runs fine at high speeds and when the engine is still cold, but when it is up to temperature and I come to a stoplight it sputters and dies. My awful temporary solution has been to put it into neutral on my way to stops and keep it at ~1500 RPM while I'm coming to, and remaining, at a stop.

Camshaft solenoids have been replaced and the timing chain had to be replaced 2-3 years ago (at around 70K miles). All spark plugs have been recently replaced and are clean.

Thoughts?

edit: 2010 LTZ AWD 4 cylinder

corky

Reaction score
Without codes monitor:
Fuel Pressure during the event - rig up fuel pressure gauge to read thru windshield - unless it will happen standing still.
Vacuum leak - can also rig up vac gauge to read thru windshield - If vac leak is bad enough, you will get lean codes eventually.

Members online

No members online now.