Clear slightly oily feeling fluid dripping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

themomschevy

Reaction score
Hello. New here. Will update myself in a while. Need to find out. Passenger side under car two separate fluid spots. Fluid has no odor. Very clear but oily to touch. More like slick than oily. No real taste. Just cannot believe it's water. We moved the car, spot. We moved again overnight large spot. I know my fluids pretty well. Not brake, not power steer, not coolant. Any thoughts. Thanks.

Autoworker 74

Reaction score
Was talking to a relative on Christmas Eve when I noticed a spot under his cruise. He said it has been there for a long time but he can't locate it either. What about windshield washer fluid? I suppose most of us don't think about WSW fluid as much as the other fluids in our cars.

spaycace

Reaction score
Any chance it could be refrigerant? Or possibly condensation from the A/C system that's just getting the "greasy" feeling from something in the tube or on the exit hole?

Gmcdean

Reaction score
Hello. New here. Will update myself in a while. Need to find out. Passenger side under car two separate fluid spots. Fluid has no odor. Very clear but oily to touch. More like slick than oily. No real taste. Just cannot believe it's water. We moved the car, spot. We moved again overnight large spot. I know my fluids pretty well. Not brake, not power steer, not coolant. Any thoughts. Thanks.
Underneath at the back of the motor locate a small tube(half inch maybe) . Its a drain tube. Cant even remember for what. The tube comes down then curved and faces the front of the vehicle. Anyway it gets clogged from dirt and the condensation backs up. Then when it unclogs itself the water comes out. Carefully put a screwdriver oe whatever u can in it and clean out any dirt. Just watch u dont get any built up water in your face. It may come out quick. The passenger floor getting wet for no reason is another sign of this.

Gyrobob

Reaction score
Same problem here with my Granddaughter's 2016 2.4L 2WD. The clear fluid comes out of what looks like the A/C condensate drain, but the fluid spot left on the concrete driveway lasts for a day or two and then just fades away. If it were simply A/C condensate, the fluid spot would be gone in hours, not days. The car has over 100,000 miles and this just started happening.

Members online

No members online now.