Changing from dino to synthetic oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jherman

Reaction score
I have a 2010 nox with 19,000 miles. I want to change to synthetic oil. Do I have to do anything to clean out the engine before I switch over? I know amsoil has a flush kit when you change over to there product, however I am not sure What brand of oil I will use. I have always used penzoil and changed oil every 3,000 up until now.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I don't even think I would worry about a flush kit. I would just make the switch to synthetic oil.

I currently run Amsoil and I thought the same way but after a little thought about how much oil is actually left behind after a drain... It's just as good to just change it to a better oil.

rob

Reaction score
I use synthetic in all my vehicles and have done so for over 20 years. Several of them had used regular oil before I switched them over. I had no problems after the switch over.

Reaction score
The AMSOIL flush is not needed in your vehicle. I mainly tell my customers that if you have more than 40k miles then to use the flush to help clean out what might have accumulated over that time frame, but you have basically a new engine still and switching over will not be an issue.

Staff online

Members online