Best Car Scratch Removers – My guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gumrricane

Reaction score
After a long research, I’ve created a guide on the best car scratch removers.
Hopefully it will help some of the vehicle owners that check out this forum. Buying a good car scratch remover can be a stressful process. You never know whether what you’re buying will actually work on your problem. Likewise, you may be afraid that your product will do more damage than what is already there. Knowing how to assess the problem is the first step to both buying the right product as well as ensuring that you’re using whatever product you do purchase in the correct way. Most scratch removers do no necessarily “remove” the scratch. Instead, they fill it in, hiding the scratch altogether. Anyway…

These are the car scratch removers that have been compared:
• Meguiar’s G17216 Ultimate Compound
• Barrett-Jackson Car Scratch Remover
• 3M 39071 Scratch Removal System
• 3M 39087 Scratch and Scuff Removal Kit
• Turtle Wax T-241A
• Mothers 08408 California Gold Scratch Remover

mswerb

Reaction score
A good dual action polisher will help you remove scratches. Harbor Freight Tools has a good entry level polisher that is very affordable for the weekend warrior. I have always been one to say "It's not what you use, it's how you use it" No need to drop big bucks on polishes and tools.

Members online