Aftermarket HU questions - 2008 Nox Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjlee2112

Reaction score
Hi all,

My CD player quit working. I was looking for a new HU anyway just because the stock system didn't give me enough oomph. My Sport has the 7 speaker Pioneer system in it, with the sub and amp in the back. Well, I got a Pioneer FH-X700BT after market head unit, purchased the proper harness and everything. Popped everything out, put new HU in, but there's like no volume. Each speaker is working, but the volume is just terribly low. I don't know anything about how the amp is wired in the back, but I was under the understanding (proper wordage? lol) that the wiring harness (GMOS LAN 02) would retain the amp and sub, and combined with the 50W HU, push the speakers a little more. But it is substantially less.

I can tell that if the amp/sub are working, there's hardly any juice coming from them. Just next to no sound, really annoying. And when I turn the HU on max vol, it distorts, but it's not LOUD, just a quiet distorted fart. lol. I was hoping to put in the new HU then adjust from there, based on the sound. I was hoping to not have to tear apart the back to get to the sub and amp to investigate, but looks like I'm going to have to. The other thing I was wondering is can I directly swap out the amp/sub however they are affixed to the car? Is there any easy way to do that? There is next to nothing on this subject on the 08 Nox Sport (or any Nox in general... I've been looking). I'm hoping one of you sages can shed some light on this situation and possibly save me some pain. I'm going to put a different and separate sub and amp in if the stock amp/sub is too much of a PITA. I don't want to, because I like the trunk space, but I need my tunes! I plan on making this my project of the day tomorrow, so hopefully one of you guys can help.

Any info sent this way is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Kevin, NJ

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts