Adding Chrome Pieces to Roof Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CKeshen

Reaction score
I've added a chrome chain link grill, the chrome mirror covers and the chrome door handles to my Terrain. It all looks great. Now I'm waiting for the factory chrome pieces for the roof rack to come to complete my chrome package. Anyone have any tips on how the remove the existing black pieces and install the new chrome ones?

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
I've added a chrome chain link grill, the chrome mirror covers and the chrome door handles to my Terrain. It all looks great. Now I'm waiting for the factory chrome pieces for the roof rack to come to complete my chrome package. Anyone have any tips on how the remove the existing black pieces and install the new chrome ones?

You get to be the ginnie pig!

CKeshen

Reaction score
Thank you Brian - It will be most appreciated. I wasn't sure about doing the mirror covers until I saw them on an Escalade and they looked great. Then I brought my Terrain into the dealer for a minor recall issue and saw a bunch of Equinoxs on the lot with the Chrome Package and thought they looked great. When I told my 17 year old son what I saw on the Escalade and told him I would be doing the same on my vehicle, he dubbed it the "Terescalade". The chrome on the roof rack (at least for me) completes the look with the handles and mirror covers.

Steve - What are K&N Filters and what is H11 to H9 Conversion?

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Yeah if only you had gotten the LTZ. It adds the chrome package and the backup assist with a couple other goodies.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Steve - What are K&N Filters and what is H11 to H9 Conversion?

K&N is just a drop-in "performance filter". I really dont think you get much performance out of it, but while doing some airbox modifications I went ahead and added one.

The H11 to H9 conversion is a headlight upgraded. I really have not explained it very well on any forum. But it replaces your stock H11 bulbs (1350 lumens) with H9 bulbs (2150 lumens). For around $40.00 you can dramatically increase the output of your headlights. The stock H11 are 55W while the H9 are 65W bulbs (slightly hotter but not enough to do any dmg, as its the same heat output as your highbeams, I have been running this way in multiple cars, I have an impala w/ 85k that has been this way since around 10k). It requires slight modification of the light housing, but its extremely easy. Here are some pictures of the results in another thread I slightly mentioned the modification. I like lights, but I hate illegal HID's that are designed correctly. Any HID put into a headlight designed for Halogen (which includes the halogen projectors on the LTZ or Terrain) is illegal (its not enforced enough imo), but they cause more glare then light on the road. I 100% guarrantee I have more light on the road than anyone that has installed a HID kit, and I did mine for around 40.00 while they spent nearly 200+ for cheap chinese parts sold in a made in germany box (LOL)

http://www.chevyequinoxforum.com/showthread.php?t=11

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I still need to do this to my headlights.

Did you order these bulbs Steve or did you get them from the auto parts store?

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for sharing your find.

Np...I might do a write up on them soon, my order for a new Nox got canceled for work, they informed me last week I was to get a runout (run the miles out) Nox around April....we have several laying around after some cutbacks :(

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I bet you are bummed.

The bummer was going through downsizing when the company is making huge profits.....Its the way of things these days.

Getting a new car is meh...its a work car after all. The one I'm inhereting is a Nox w/ 40k miles on it....so I will have it around a year once I get it (LOL)

amznblu

Reaction score
CKeshen -- Where did you find the factory chrome roof racks? I've looked online and all I can find are stainless steel trim pieces that are glued over the existing racks. Thanks!

amznblu

Reaction score
I will see what I can find out but this was something that I opted out of for my Nox.

I hate to take advantage of your helpfulness, Brian, but did you happen to come across any info about how to remove the existing "graphite" roof rail inserts?

CKeshen

Reaction score
Duane - I ordered mine from gmpartsgiant.com, but I found them for less $ on gmpartsdirect.com.

parts #20831893, 20831894

Members online