2018 Equinox 18" or 19" Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

victorvdc

Reaction score
I am new to the forum. After test driving this summer my plans are to buy an Equinox early next spring.

I have decided on an 2.0 premier which has just about every ting I need with only a few add-ons later next summer.

Only thing I am not sure about is the 19" rims and low profile tires. For streetability I would rather have taller 18" tires as more protection from potholes and curbs. Also much cheaper replacement costs. I really don't plan on taking this to the track other then as a tow vehicle.

Any opinions on this would hlep me decide if i should work out a swap before I get the vehicle.

kastner03

Reaction score
I am new to the forum. After test driving this summer my plans are to buy an Equinox early next spring.

I have decided on an 2.0 premier which has just about every ting I need with only a few add-ons later next summer.

Only thing I am not sure about is the 19" rims and low profile tires. For streetability I would rather have taller 18" tires as more protection from potholes and curbs. Also much cheaper replacement costs. I really don't plan on taking this to the track other then as a tow vehicle.

Any opinions on this would hlep me decide if i should work out a swap before I get the vehicle.

depending on where you live, if snow is a concern... the tires that come stock on the 19” wheels are terrible in the snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

victorvdc

Reaction score
Tires are consumable parts so i am not really concerned what I will have on the nox for a few summers. Just concerned with the rim size (ie sidewall height) how that affects ride and pothole endurance and long term tire cost.

Winter I will have full snows on 18" or 17" steel rims. With the salt in our area aluminum rims last less winters then the tires before leaking.

So far its been recomended to down grade to the 18' unless I want to race the nox on the track.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts