2017 equinox low speed slipping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattd

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Chevy equinox with 65,000 miles.
It currently seems to have a transmission slip at low speeds. The vehicle shows no codes.
The vehicle slips at low speeds but does seem to stop when warmer operating temperature. It does not shudder at idle or drive. It slips around 15-25 mph.

ricklack

Reaction score
My 2013 3.6 always had a bit of low end slippage. I bought it with 75,000 km (@47,000 miles) and didn't really notice it until I started trying to see if I could burn 4 wheel rubber LOL. Mine is different in that it is worse the more it heats up. And it is mainly 1st gear, once I am in second I can floor it with no issue. I had the fluid changed a couple times with no improvement.

However, the good news is that it has not gotten worse and I now have 213,000 miles (@ 342,000 KM) on it and it really isn't much different. At this point it's not worth a tranny rebuild as it has practically no trade in value due to the high mileage. I'll keep driving it as long as I have confidence in it. It has truly been an amazing car, I just took it to Florida averaging @ 23MPG while cruising between 75 and 90MPH most of the way.

While totally different issue than yours, my suggestion would be to start with getting the tranny serviced and hope for the best. I don't recall hearing a lot of bitching about the trans one here, they seem very solid overall. good luck, I hope yours outlasts mine!

Starflare5

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Chevy equinox with 65,000 miles.
It currently seems to have a transmission slip at low speeds. The vehicle shows no codes.
The vehicle slips at low speeds but does seem to stop when warmer operating temperature. It does not shudder at idle or drive. It slips around 15-25 mph.
If it is still the Aisin transaxle, the fluid must be changes every 40,000 miles (even if GM extends it with every iteration of the Equinox). The reason is because the fluid's viscosity begins to break down at that point. It also breaks down when over-heated such as that as a towing situation. When the fluid becomes to old and thin, slippage occurs and solenoids may stick. Get the fluid changed and go from there.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts