2014-2015 Headlamp bulb replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TEL

Reaction score
Can anyone provide a link to a DIY for replacing the headlamp bulbs on a 2014-2015 LTZ. I have searched around, but cannot find anything thorough or anything will a good series of pictures. I have a 2015 LTZ and I would like to replace the stock lowbeam bulbs with zxe's. I've seen how-to's with the older style access panel in the wheel well, but they do not apply. The headlight assembly is easily accessible and it appears to be secured with 3 hex nuts - all easily removed. At this point the lamp assembly seems to be loose and will pull away from the body slightly except for the lower portion toward the wheel. I cannot find any other retaining fasteners, and there is a video on YouTube of this process on an older model - 2009 I think - and in it it's mentioned that there is a 'ball clip' in that area. The guy in the video just pulls the assembly and it pops out. He uses a good amount of force - i put quite a bit of torque on mine, but nothing would pop free. Any good links to a vids, picture series, or even a tech manual would be greatly appreciated! If some one could confirm that there is a 'ball clip'/ tension clip of some sort and I can simply pull it forcefully with out ripping the front off, that would be great too! I'll make a DIY of the entire process!

Thanks!!!

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
There is a access hole in inside each of the front fender liners. There is a twist out access panel to be removed to allow you to access the bulbs.

Members online