2013 LT loss of engine power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdsausville

Reaction score
I was accelerating up a ramp onto I-4 and when I got near the top the engine lost power. I could floor the accelerator and it would wind out and keep moving very slow. I limped it home, and I'm trying to figure out what's wrong. A day ago the check engine light came on, and I had it read @ O'reilley's. Got back P0420 code. I have over 201200 miles on this vehicle, and beat it very severely with my job. I change the oil very often, as these engines are insane on using oil. It seems to shift fine, but has hardly any power. When I put it in park or neutral, and floor the accelerator...it revs right up. Is this possibly a clogged Cat converter or O2 sensor. I hate to take it to the dealer if it's something I can fix myself. I'm trying to baby it until after the 1st of the year and then buy a new one. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!!!! Thank you!!!

LMP

Reaction score
Referring to numerous forum readings about this engine , the mileage you show and the condition in which it occured, I would suspect the timing chain has slipped one or more cogs. What you described has also happened to me and several others with the Ford V8 302 or long gone years and the symptoms you describe are exactly that. With the EquinoxL4 it seems the tensioner might be the culprit, at least in part. A compression test would reveal a loss of compression.

Staff online

Members online