2013 Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgcat200129

Reaction score
Since I purchased our vehicle in 2013 I have noticed a couple issues. Wanted to see if anyone else has had problems.

1. Acceleration problems - At times when you press on the gas pedal between stopping and going the gas will accelerate on its on. At that moment the car will jolt forward. As I look at the speedometer it will rev up between 2-5 mph then drop back down to normal speed. I have to either hit the brake or let off the gas pedal to make it stop to keep hitting the car in front of me. Again it doesn't to it often. I know it sounds funny but my last chevy didn't do this. I have heard other cars having similar issues with the gas pedal. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

2. MyLink issues - I have had numerous issues with the MyLink shutting off while driving or will reboot. Other issues is that it will also freeze between calls.

Let me know if anyone has had issues. My warranty is about to expire so I need to take it in before it does.

fishjacks

Reaction score
Lets see....
My car doesnt accelerate when I hit the gas for about 5 seconds. Worse when a/c is on. Sometimes when I turn the wheel the a/c will kick down. Had the engine miss a few times, high rpm when standing (esp. When I first start it).

It shifts hard now and smelled hot when I was driving in the Smokey mountains. When the acceleration does engage and the rpm kicks down, the car jerks for shifting into second and third. Oh, and the tranny fluid is black.

Dealership can find nothing wrong. Telling me black tranny fluid is caused from an additive GM puts in their cars. Never heard of this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

fishjacks

Reaction score
Oh, and myLink date and time clears itself randomly.

Oh, and had a check engine light come on and the engine was missing. They told me "bad gas."

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Since I purchased our vehicle in 2013 I have noticed a couple issues. Wanted to see if anyone else has had problems.

1. Acceleration problems - At times when you press on the gas pedal between stopping and going the gas will accelerate on its on. At that moment the car will jolt forward. As I look at the speedometer it will rev up between 2-5 mph then drop back down to normal speed. I have to either hit the brake or let off the gas pedal to make it stop to keep hitting the car in front of me. Again it doesn't to it often. I know it sounds funny but my last chevy didn't do this. I have heard other cars having similar issues with the gas pedal. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

2. MyLink issues - I have had numerous issues with the MyLink shutting off while driving or will reboot. Other issues is that it will also freeze between calls.

Let me know if anyone has had issues. My warranty is about to expire so I need to take it in before it does.

For your first issue, was your cruise control engages or turned on? I've had this happen in other vehicles and it was due to the cruise control automatically initiating itself.

Ron604

Reaction score
i have had the exactly the same issue with my 2012 Nox 2.4 LS. If i am moving from a stop light or accelerating. it will sometimes jolt hard, feels like you tranny just did a hard shift. it happens at random can replicate it. from what understand this problem exist in all year models of Nox.

Members online

No members online now.