2012 fuel tank slow to fill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speedy

Reaction score
2012 2.4 LT with 119,000 with no other problems but it is very hard to fill with fuel. The fuel will initially flow in well but soon gets overwhelmed and backs up and stops the nozzle. Then I have to slowly trickle fuel in and it takes 10 to 15 minutes to fill tank. Some gas stations pumps are so strong that I cannot keep fuel flowing without it shutting off.

Last edited:

fullcourt

Reaction score
This is a strange problem to have. I own a 2012 2.4, with 121k miles, and this does not happen to me. I have always wondered why the fuel opening is oval instead of smaller and round, so the nozzle would stay inside, since it pops out, but it always flows. I am wondering if there is a blockage inside the pipe. Maybe someone with a camera on a tube could run it down there and see.

chrisbarnes715

Reaction score
Hi, I had the same problem on my 2007 Saturn Vue, a GM made vehicle. Turned out to be a canister vent valve mounted on top of the canister that was bad. About $18 dollars on Amazon0r$89 at the local auto stores. Good luck.

Members online