2011 equinox Lt key fob questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

11equinoxjonboy

Reaction score
So last week I purchased a 2011 equinox LT. Noticed the keyfob is in ruff shape and doesn't work at all. Ordered some keyfobs for it. How do I program the keyfob to work? Be great to be able to lock it and unlock it and use remote start.

11equinoxjonboy

Reaction score
I have two new key fobs... With One I switched over all the guts and key blade from the old switch blade to the new one aswell as new battery still not working.

Last edited:

tcave44

Reaction score
In the future, maybe this would help. I had great luck with an eBay guy who does keys for this generation Equinox. You buy the matching fob, pay for the cutting, and send him a couple pictures of your key. He cuts it and sends it to you and you do that programming thing where you turn to accessory and whatnot. No need to switch key guts and everything.

11equinoxjonboy

Reaction score
Thank u for the advice tcave44 wish I would have done this so I could have a spare.

What I did was stick the key in the "on" position for 10 mins then off and repeated that 3 times and boom works perfect.

Members online