2011 Equinox Ipod problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nielsonj

Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought a 2011 Equinox LT2 yesterday with a usb connection. I test drove it about a week ago and brought my 4th generation Ipod Nano along to test it. When I plugged it in I got a 'no supported device found' message. When I dove home after buying the Equinox i plugged in the Ipod and everything worked fine. Today I go to plug in the Ipod and I have the same message. Has this happened to anyone else? Do I need a different Ipod generation? Anything anyone culd provide would be much appricated. Thanks!

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
The only help I can offer is my Ipod touch works in my 11 Terrain.

08PILOT

Reaction score
Now that u mentioned it, we had that problem
with my OBS a few times and it WAS the cord.

nielsonj

Reaction score
What sort of cables are you using? I've been trying with the cable that came with the Ipod. I have a few so I haven't used this cable before now.

nielsonj

Reaction score
Just tried it with a iPod Nano 5th generation. It worked perfect last night. This morning it read 'auxiliary device not supported' on the iPod. Has this happened to anyone else?

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
That is so weird. I am wondering if the dealership needs to replace the jack the input for the ipod into the radio

11RavenBlack

Reaction score
Something similar happens to me. I have a 2011 SRX. Every once in a while I start the car and the audio system ignores the iPod and starts playing from the HDD. I did a little research and found that the system will occasionally (some more often than others) disconnect the iPod from the system without ejecting it correctly. This usually requires that I reset my iPod before the audio system will recognize it. The only solution I've found is to eject the iPod (via the audio controls) and unplug it from the USB port when not using it.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Something similar happens to me. I have a 2011 SRX. Every once in a while I start the car and the audio system ignores the iPod and starts playing from the HDD. I did a little research and found that the system will occasionally (some more often than others) disconnect the iPod from the system without ejecting it correctly. This usually requires that I reset my iPod before the audio system will recognize it. The only solution I've found is to eject the iPod (via the audio controls) and unplug it from the USB port when not using it.

I haven't noticed this yet. I only had a ipod for a few months after we got our Nox. I then got a Android phone but sometimes if I am using the aux through head phone jack line in after key off then back on it switches off aux. If I unplug chord and plug it back in it switches back to aux. Also, if I switch through the source button on steering wheel it will go back to auxiliary input.

Members online