USB Music Song Order Changes from Track Number To Alphabetical

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WSG205

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed this issue? I have a 2022 Equinox. I like to play FLAC files from a USB thumb drive. When I select a folder and play a track, it continues playing the folder in numerical track order. If I turn the car off during a song, when I restart it, it picks up the dong where it left off, but continues playing the folder's song in alphabetical order instead of track number order. If I browse to a folder and start playing the folder, it's back to playing in track number order.

BeckoningChasm

Reaction score
I have a similar issue on my 2019. Mine is slightly different in that it will play from song 1 to say, the middle of song 4 when I get where I'm going. When I get back in the car, it finishes song 4, then starts playing song 1 again. I have to hit the "Next" button to go through the songs to get to song 5. As my commute is on a very busy highway, this is less than ideal.

Anyone who has an answer would be greatly appreciated.

nds76

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem and I'm not finding any solutions. I want my music to play in sequence as it was intended. I don't want it playing alphabetically. Google and YouTube have been ZERO help.

Members online

No members online now.