2019 usb mp3 issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rburn99

Reaction score
I just bought a used 2019 equinox. I have a usb stick with about 8gb of mp3s on it. I plugged it in to the front console usb port and it was fine for about a month. Then it started not recognizing it when I would start the vehicle displaying "No Device Found". For a while just pulling it out and back in again would fix it. Now I have to keep it out for a while and it still takes several attempts. I tried using the center console usb ports with the same results so it's not the ports. The usb stick plays fine in other devices so it's not the usb stick. So it seems like it's something in the programming of the entertainment system. I do have the latest system update. I've seen a lot of posts from people having problems with the entertainment system playing mp3s on usb but I haven't seen any solutions or suggestions from Chevy.

Last edited:

Autoworker 74

Reaction score
I just bought a used 2019 equinox. I have a usb stick with about 8gb of mp3s on it. I plugged it in to the front console usb port and it was fine for about a month. Then it started not recognizing it when I would start the vehicle displaying "No Device Found". For a while just pulling it out and back in again would fix it. Now I have to keep it out for a while and it still takes several attempts. I tried using the center console usb ports with the same results so it's not the ports. The usb stick plays fine in other devices so it's not the usb stick. So it seems like it's something in the programming of the entertainment system. I do have the latest system update. I've seen a lot of posts from people having problems with the entertainment system playing mp3s on usb but I haven't seen any solutions or suggestions from Chevy.
I had a RCA MP3 stick which kept doing the same thing on my 2018. That is a terrible place for a USB inlet. It gets bumped to easily. My 2014 Nox has it inside the console. I bought a USB extension cord for the 2018 and relocated my MP3 to the inside of the console and hooked it up by using the extension cord. It almost never goes out now. Also if you have that RCA MP3 stick get rid of it. You can't even pick it up without accidentally pressing a button.

Members online

No members online now.