2010 Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gappvembe

Reaction score
Hi.
I personally don't own an Equinox, but my boss is looking for an answer for his father's 2010.
As of right now I don't know the submodel - LS, LZ or whatever letters are added to it.
What they want to do is install a hitch for towing. As I've read, it will be capable of only 1,500 for the lower models, or 3,500 for the other.
What his question is, is it tow ready?
Is there some port he can plug a cable up to and be ready to go with the wiring harness. My boss has said that the neihbor has one and he looked at when they weren't home and noticed a cable coming from the inside. My boss seen where those knock-outs were on his fathers. He noticed some kind of plug by the spare tire... so is this what he might hook into if he bought the proper cable/connector?
If not would it be more like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxv6JqAAXiM

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
It should be in the manual but most of these crossovers have the wire for trailers in the spare tire compartment or under the plastic compartments left or right side in the boot.

My father in laws Vue had the wiring harness chilling under the trim in the cargo area.

Members online