2010 Equinox problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ant52588

Reaction score
I bought a 2010 Chevy Equinox approx 2 1/2 months ago. Today at 530am I started the engine to go to work, put the car in reverse & the engine light came on, along with service stabilitrak message. I put the car in drive and hit the gas i got a new message that said reduced engine power and I lost all power in the engine. The car completely stalled. It's been towed to the nearest Chevy dealer and I'm anxiously awaiting their call. We have an extended warranty so I'm praying whatever this is will be covered. Seeing that I've only had the vehicle for not even 3 months I sure hope it would be covered.

Reaction score
This happened to us in our Acadia, turned out to be a stuck open thermostat. I know makes no sense but that fixed it.

ihauffe

Reaction score
I got the 2011 Terrain as a certified used for the fuel economy and because it was relatively new. (<30,000 miles when I bought it.) I was in college at the time and the reported fuel economy more than made up for the difference in payment from my last vehicle. I soon realized that the fuel economy wasn't what they reported. With perfect driving, maximizing the miles per gallon, I could get it up to an average of 29-30mpg on the highway. With any level of normal driving it quickly dropped to 24-26mpg, if not lower. But this was still about double what my last vehicle got, so ok

I do most of my own basic maintenance, and I don't use cheap products. For oil changes, I use full synthetic with a extra guard filter and change the oil between 3,500-5000 miles, depending on my schedule. If I ever hit 5,000 miles, and don't have time, that's when I take it in to whatever quick lube shop will get it done the soonest afternoon I have available, usually to Wal-mart and I get groceries while I wait. I haven't had any major problems with my vehicles since I started consistently taking care of them myself, about 10 years now.

My timing guides broke at only 79,000 miles! I was at just over 5,000 miles since my last oil change and have the paperwork to prove it since I have been particularly busy lately. The dealership told me that there was practically no oil left in my engine. Then the dealership told me the cheapest repair was to replace the engine, and that corporate would not cover my fix because they could not do an oil consumption test now that the engine won't run. It's going to cost me $7,000 to get my vehicle fixed, which I must have to commute to work 30 miles away. I don't have $7,000 and I may lose my job if I can't find the money or a way to finance it by the time they get it fixed this week.

This is unacceptable. I'm pissed. If you are too, come take it to them with me! I created a facebook group which you can find here below. Please come tell your story and then take post a link on twitter @GMC with the hashtag #GreataMericanCompanyNoLonger

https://www.facebook.com/groups/174877126561662/

And repost that link to their twitter feed and on their facebook page every day that you are paying for their lemon of an engine.

All stories posted will be offered to any legal team willing to take up this suit as well.

Members online

No members online now.