2010 Equinox LTZ V6 - Catalytic Converter (Back of Engine) Replacement Procedure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

webdawg

Reaction score
I have been to the dealer and they have told me that I need to replace 25800888. CONVERTER | Genuine GM | 25800888

Anyone have the procedure for this?

I am looking for procedure, torque, and what gaskets I would need.

webdawg

Reaction score
I did. But I could get no one on any Equinox forum to help me interpret my O2 sensor readings.

I tried an O2 sensor change just to see if it would help, but that did not work. Everything that I have read has told me that A P0420 code 99 percent of the time means bad converter. In this case, it was a bad one.

I ended up getting the converter replaced.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
No one wants to predict the P0420 code for any vehicle. Even with the really nice mac tools scan tool that tells you the very first thing to replace on any other code doesn't give you a suggestion for P0420. The reason for this is the scan tool has never been wrong but in this instance it knows that this code "could" be a O2 sensor, cat, MAF sensor(cleaned.replaced), bad re-oil on a K&N air filter, there's just no telling.

I would have started with the cheaper option, like the O2 sensor that can be cheaper than replacing the cat.

Got a Honda Accord that belongs to one of my employees and he has this code, just replaced the cat recently!

Members online