2010 Equinox LTZ AWD I4 update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carfan

Reaction score
Hi, haven't been on site for awhile so will give an update on the Equinox.

Engine replacement by GM now has 24,000 Km's on it and is running great, no oil consumption and stays clean. Using Dexos and changing at 5000 - 6000 Km, oil monitor was updated but still reads around 35% with this Km reading.
Rust repair on the door seams and rear hatch done about a year ago by GM has worked out fine and not reappeared.
Driver side power seat lumbar repair done by private shop for $50 by drilling out the seat frame and replacing the small bolts with 1/4" worked out great [ takes about an hour to do, not the 4 the dealers quote]. Much better then the $400 the dealers in Az. wanted for it. Think there may be a GM bulletin at the dealers for this now? Thanks to this site for info on this problem as it saved quite a few dollars for us.
Received my check from GM for 1/2 the front wheel hub replacement even though it was off warranty, factory rep and dealer were great.
Cooper CS4 Touring tires we used for a replacement for the OEM Michelins have about 30,000 KMS on them, wearing well and handle good in the snow and the heat in AZ. Saved about $60 each by switching to these.

Overall no new problems with the vehicle, keeping fingers crossed.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I actually started a thread about the lumbar support but I believe it was my fault. The wife sits with the lumbar completely out, she has the chair about all the way forward. I thought to save time while just moving her NOx that my 230lb 6'3" could fit where her 113 self sits. Of course, it popped.

I had it all back together in 30 minutes. That was 30k miles ago...

Other than that we had a throttle body replaced but the car has been great, almost to 100k miles!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

carfan

Reaction score
Lumbar

Thanks Brian, information on the lumbar was great, as mentioned saved us a lot of $, glad to see your nox is working out well, we had one of the very early models which we had ordered in, even before they were in the dealers for a test drive so none of the bugs had been worked out. GM/Dealer has been good to us on the repairs so still enjoying the vehicle.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Thanks Brian, information on the lumbar was great, as mentioned saved us a lot of $, glad to see your nox is working out well, we had one of the very early models which we had ordered in, even before they were in the dealers for a test drive so none of the bugs had been worked out. GM/Dealer has been good to us on the repairs so still enjoying the vehicle.
Cool! My NOx was built around the same time as yours.

I bought it in May or June of 2009.

carfan

Reaction score
Update 2010 fuel consumption

Yes, same color and all . Just came back from a trip through ND,MN,WI,MI and then into Ontario. No problems at all on trip but lots of bugs and road work tar so took about 3 hours to clean up today. Interesting the speed limit on the northern roads near border is only 55 MPH and about the same in Ontario. Most of our driving has been on interstates at about 75 MPH and we usually get around 28 MPG. At 60 MPH the fuel consumption was 34 miles per US gallon, best we have ever gotten. Beautiful country to do a leisurely drive through so will do again next year.

Members online

No members online now.