2010 Equinox limited heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayzat

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Chevy equinox LT V6. The heat quit working and I found some other threads here referring to the blend door actuator. I got a replacement, removed the old one ( I popped it open and there were many lost teeth on the gears). Put the new one in and no change. It's not blowing cold air, just minimally warm air. Basically it ranges from minimal warm to full AC.
I went through the re-calibration process I found.
1. Set the heat to auto
2. Pull the HVAC fuse ( 12)
3. Wait a minute or two
4. Plug back in fuse
5. Start car and wait 2 minutes
6. Turn off car wait 10 seconds and restart
Still the same mildly cold air.
I removed the actuator again and rotated knob the actuator turns, and it went up to the high heat it typically throws out.

So it doesn't look like it's :
1. the actuator, it's been replaced.
2. the blend door, it seems to move freely
3. the heater core, when manually moved the hot air comes strong

Any ideas? The only two things I can think of are:
1. I need to reset/calibrate the actuator differently
2. The actuator itself is getting a bad signal

rayzat

Reaction score
Solved?

It's working now this is the reset I followed that seems to have solved the problem.
1. With the fuse in set the temp to the lowest temperature and press auto.
2. Pull the HVAC fuse and wait a minute.
3. Plug the hvac fuse back in( could hear the actuators whirring already)
4. Open/close the driver door
5. Turn to accessory mode ( could feel the temp sweep from cold to hot to cold to warm)
6. Turn off the car open and close driver door, wait 10 or so seconds and voila it should work.

I'm not sure if the door open/close works or is just superstition but it didn't work until I did it. A mechanic and Silverado affecianado recommended trying it. He said he had trouble resetting certain modules without the door open/close and it makes a smidge of sense, until you open/close the door certain accessories are still powered.

Jeftex

Reaction score
Once had cold feet issue. Bled air off coolant system. When I add coolant the pressurized system gets air. It gets airlock and will not heat. Bled air out by a bleed valve located front right side of engine. Opposite in and same in summer. It affects the cooling also.

The Tireman

Reaction score
I had fair heat till I winterized our 06 we recently got, after filled with antifreeze let thermostat open topped off reservoir, bleed system great heat every since!

Members online

No members online now.