07 tach, fuel gauge, low heat, turnsignals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerryotis

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

The tachometer on my 07 will, upon engine start up, jump to 6k and then read from there up! Engine, obviously, is not revving to this extreme. If I disconnect battery cable it will resume normal reading until it decides to act up again.

The fuel gauge is very erratic and will go way past full or read extremely low although the distance to empty reading stays true. This does not always occur at same time as the tach issue but disconnecting the battery also corrects this issue. I have seen posts about sulphur build up on the sender and that fuel additives can resolve it but also that senders had to be replaced. Why then, does it correct when I disconnect power?

All heater modes work correctly but I get low heat from the heater in all modes. Is this a blend door issue?

Lastly, the turn signals don't cancel. Are the cancelling cams in the switch or do I have to remove the air bag and get to the clock spring to fix this?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Jerry

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I think the most recommended fix for this might be the BCM(Body control module).

It could also be related to a bad ground. You could go one of two ways with this... Cut the existing cable ends at the starter and crimp on new or replace the positive and negative cables with new.

I would start with the cables first and check grounds too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts