Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

Rear liftgate challenge

This is a discussion on Rear liftgate challenge within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
Hello, I have a 2011 Equinox with a power lift gate. The lift gate comes down and once down the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2016, 11:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

bones5122 is on a distinguished road
Default Rear liftgate challenge

Hello,
I have a 2011 Equinox with a power lift gate. The lift gate comes down and once down the latch draws the gate down tight.

Ok I have a street rod I am building and I put a power ram on the trunk to open and close it. I am looking to modify my trunk to put the equinox latch in it so when the ram comes down the latch grabs and sucks the trunk down tight.

I bought the equinox latch and lift gate module in the rear lift gate as well.

I am looking for someone that could work with me or walk me through the wiring of this process.

I want to "pop" the trunk with a key fob that sends a negative signal to the latch or liftgate module and have it run the electric ram just like the factory setup

Any thoughts?

Thanks
bones5122 is offline   Reply With Quote