2013 FWD Squeak when Braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dlentz90

Reaction score
I have. 2013 Equinox LT FWD and I just replaced the front rotors, front brake pads and the caliper sliding pins yesterday. I did this due to what I thought was a warped rotor because we had aggressive shaking ONLY when braking. When I put everything together and went for a drive I immediately noticed a loud pulsing grinding/squeak when I brake coming from the driver side front. I took everything back apart and switched rotors and the squeak stills exists when slowing down. It doesn’t make any noise otherwise while driving. I also noticed it will not do it in reverse. I went all the way to 10 mph in reverse and could not replicate the sound. The rotors look smooth all the way around. I’m stumped.

cheatah faheatah

Reaction score
We had a similar issue with our 15 Nox. Appeared NOT after any other work being done on vehicle. A slight grind/squeak, l/f, only when braking, not in reverse, no difference turning l or r, in D or N. It would persist from 30 down to 1 mph. My imitation was "ert-reet",....lol. Ended up being a bad l/f wheel bearing. Which had me stumped because it had been changed 10 months earlier. My shop warrantied the part, we had to pay labor again. Good Luck....E.

Members online

No members online now.