Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

Problem with O2 Sensor

This is a discussion on Problem with O2 Sensor within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2016, 03:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

bobbycampos is on a distinguished road
Default Problem with O2 Sensor

Hi!
I am new in this forum. I am mechanic with 6 years of experiences. And I tried to fix a Chevy Equinox 2.4L 2014 with code P0054 (heater for 02 sensor Bank 1 sensor 2) and I could not fixed.
I am going to explain: I checked the fuse, was good! the connector was good, the wires were good! the resistor for the O2 sensor was good too (4,5 Ohm), but I want to confirm something, what are the voltages for the conector, because I checked and one pin read me 12V, it is coming for the fuse, the other 2,4 it is coming for de ECU these 2 are for heater, and the other 2, 1 V the last 2 are de circuit for the O2 sensor. Why does the ECU send me 2.4 V? and i checked the Upstream sensor and the gave me the same volts and the same Ohm for the resistor and everything..

I donīt know what else can be.

The customer took his car, but I want to know what else can be.. I think, maybe, the Ecu.
Thanks
bobbycampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

dougmac is on a distinguished road

Have you tried swamping the sensor with the sensor on the other bank to see if the fault moves to the other bank?

Originally Posted by bobbycampos View Post
Hi!
I am new in this forum. I am mechanic with 6 years of experiences. And I tried to fix a Chevy Equinox 2.4L 2014 with code P0054 (heater for 02 sensor Bank 1 sensor 2) and I could not fixed.
I am going to explain: I checked the fuse, was good! the connector was good, the wires were good! the resistor for the O2 sensor was good too (4,5 Ohm), but I want to confirm something, what are the voltages for the conector, because I checked and one pin read me 12V, it is coming for the fuse, the other 2,4 it is coming for de ECU these 2 are for heater, and the other 2, 1 V the last 2 are de circuit for the O2 sensor. Why does the ECU send me 2.4 V? and i checked the Upstream sensor and the gave me the same volts and the same Ohm for the resistor and everything..

I donīt know what else can be.

The customer took his car, but I want to know what else can be.. I think, maybe, the Ecu.
Thanks
dougmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

wbandet2 is on a distinguished road

I am not a mechanic but had to take my 2010 Equinox in to Firestone twice because of the Oxygen Sensor which they replaced. Then, had to get transmission done at 74,000 miles and they said Oxygen sensor had to be replaced (was already replaced just within six months). The dealership part seemed to take care of the problem. My only guess is that it has to be a dealer part and not something else which Firestone had used. I normally have no problem with taking my car to Firestone but that sensor was a problem.
wbandet2 is offline   Reply With Quote