What happens if no TPMS installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan1522

Reaction score
I was looking at getting some winter tire/rims for my '12 Equinox, but really don't care to spend the $ on a new set of sensors. Will I just get a warning at first or will there be some annoying buzzer, warning, or light continually while I drive? If so, I guess I might get some, otherwise I won't. Any experience?

Svard75

Reaction score
On a previous vehicle the light would come on after a longer drive and stay on without a buzzer sound. I found a reliable article about GM vehicles and what occurs with TPMS if no sensor is detected

"Can the TPMS be disabled when driving on winter wheels without TPMS sensors? No. If the TPMS does not "see" the wheels a "Service Tire Pressure Monitor System" message will display (but no chime). You can erase the message by pressing once on the button to the left of the wheel giving you back your normal screen. You must do this every time you start the car."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
You will just have a warning light and a notification will show up that you can clear in the center of your cluster. I'm rocking it that way right now! lol

Members online

No members online now.