What a night! (My version )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prheaume

Reaction score
So ... still on the adrenalise so I might do typo error

10pm : Someone play with the door handle of the appartment, but it stops immediatly... no big deal just the wrong door.

11:25 pm : The bell rings, someone ask to enter and I have to unlock the building door, ask who is it .. the guy say Simon ... I said I don't know any Simon and shut the interphone...the bell rings 2 times than stop.

11:45 .. I go to bed.. stop by the washroom, I ear a BANG on my patio. I look on the windows, there is someone on my patio, trying to open the door , notice that the patio is 7 feet higher of the ground ...

I open the windows and the guy say : get the **** out of here, it's my appartment ... I say no.. I live here ..I answer right back no it's 5932 ... this is my house (here it's 4902) ..so I say : get out of here or I call the cops.. he said call them this is my house I will not leave.

So I call 911... 2 min and they were here, the operator stay with me just in case until the cops arrive... then the guy realise that he was too drunk to reconize the building ... now it's 2am and I can't sleep... my heart is still pumping big time ...will be hard for the last day!

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
What a nutcase... Glad you are alright! And extremely glad you didn't let him in!

Hopefully you will get some rest...

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
A can of bear spray would have helped out with that drunk.
Glad your OK and he is now gone.

prheaume

Reaction score
I was able to sleep about two hours.. I was a little bit paranoiac with every sound...

I think I will stop by the conveniance store to get a redbull, need a little shot to get everything working... haha

prheaume

Reaction score
Just called the owner of the building ... and I'm really mad right now ...

We rant this appartment to take the time to save a little bit of money to buy a house, I was not making a big deal of the neighboor who smoke pot all day and I get the smell on my appartment .

I was not making a big deal of the girl under us who listen to loud music and we can ear her getting f**c*d big time by a different dude every day. To give you an idea of the music.... the shazam app who tells you wich song you listen on you phone .. started 3 times on the evening with the song that was playing under us ...

But now.. it's over... the show of the dude on top of use is leaking... on MY bathroom, and what happen last night was too much. The safety on the patio door is missing, so I lock it, but it's not locked... how can I protect my things ? How can I be sure everything will be in place when I come back and my cat will be still alive ?

Sorry if it sounds alarmist but now the guy is p*ss*d off! With 2 hours of sleep on the last 48 ... it's not the right time !

rbiggers

Reaction score
Wow, that's crazy!!! If that dude would have done that to an apartment in Texas, he probably would have gotten himself shot! I'm glad it ended safely for you.

I have have lived in many apartments in my life and hated most of them. I lived in an apartment complex by a US air force base once. All of my neighbors were military and got off at odd hours of the night. They would come home and turn their stereos on high every night. Management did nothing. I really appreciate owning my own home now.

Go pop a sleeping pill and get 10 or 12 hours of sleep now!

prheaume

Reaction score
here we have the fire arm registry ... when the cops enter the appartment ... after getting the dude out.. they asked to see my shotgun locked.. however the dude who tried to enter my house can take actions against me for illegal use of a fire arm...

rbiggers

Reaction score
here we have the fire arm registry ... when the cops enter the appartment ... after getting the dude out.. they asked to see my shotgun locked.. however the dude who tried to enter my house can take actions against me for illegal use of a fire arm...

So if you pulled your shotgun on that dude while he was breaking into your house, he could press charges against you???

Wow, that sucks.

prheaume

Reaction score
welcome to Quebec my friend!

If I had to fight with the guy on the patio... and on the action he falled to the ground... he can get charge against me for his injury caused in my home

One day in Montreal, a guy broke a window to get inside a house and steel everything.. he cuts himself on the broken windows.. charge the owner of the home and receive money from him !

prheaume

Reaction score
Hopefully the situation will improve for you!

Yes the owner of the building came here today. We fixed almost everything. He said he never ear anything bad against us so he wants us to stay here. I will not be suprise if the monthly charge get lower a little bit according to his words :)

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
welcome to Quebec my friend!

If I had to fight with the guy on the patio... and on the action he falled to the ground... he can get charge against me for his injury caused in my home

One day in Montreal, a guy broke a window to get inside a house and steel everything.. he cuts himself on the broken windows.. charge the owner of the home and receive money from him !

OK that' just crazy, how do you protecct yourselves from the bad guys up there.
Here in Texas guys brakes your window you can just shoot him, if he is braking into your car you can just shoot him.
If that guy tried that here he would have got his head slammed up against the wall and then kicked off the patio, would not matter if it was the first floor or the 20th floor.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Well at any rate I would kill or push him off the balcony just to protect my family. Even if that meant going to jail. I have to be thankful I don't have to worry about that here.

prheaume

Reaction score
The crazy part of the law. Here we have the firearm registery. When the cops enter my adress in the computer... they know that I have a shotgun. They ask to see it locked after all the things with the other guy.

According to the law, this is a hunting firearm. In now way, ever if the guy have a gun in his hands, I can use it, just to say '' don't move '' and neutralize him without shooting. I hate this country for that. they call that the '' rights and liberty charts '' . All the bums call that. And they all win cause of that. Whatever you do, it is a right that you have to do it.

Members online

No members online now.