USB stick not recognized by 2020 Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

songbird87

Reaction score
I had mp3s on a USB stick. It was not recognized by my Equinox. I re-formatted the USB to FAT32 and added the mps3. It still was not recognized. I was able to add most of the mp3s to a USB stick that already had files. That stick plays. The new USB is a 64GB SanDisk. Is the storage capacity too large for the audio system? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

kskruser

Reaction score
I had mp3s on a USB stick. It was not recognized by my Equinox...

No solution, songbird87. Only to say that my 22 'nox has had the same behavior since day one, and others have reported this too. Mine will recognize the thumb drive sometimes, other times not. I've tried 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, all with the same (sometimes) results. I THINK (maybe?) the USB-C port is more likely to work than the various USB-A ports. In any case, mine will recognize any thumb-drive, in spite of saying 'no device found', AFTER simply unplugging and re-plugging the device.
-Richard

WayneW

Reaction score
I had mp3s on a USB stick. It was not recognized by my Equinox. I re-formatted the USB to FAT32 and added the mps3. It still was not recognized. I was able to add most of the mp3s to a USB stick that already had files. That stick plays. The new USB is a 64GB SanDisk. Is the storage capacity too large for the audio system? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
I have found that if you copy your files to another USB stick it will work. Maybe not 100%, but it did work for me. Also use fat32 formating.

Members online