Unexpected electonic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtieguy

Reaction score
Well this was unexpected. I'm a retired over the road 18 wheeler driver and I put my CB in my 2023 Equinox LT recently. I like listening and talking to other drivers in their rigs while driving on the interstates. But, to my surprise, the electronics in my Equinox jams my CB from time to time. CB's operate on 965-27.405 MHz
and for what reason(s) some of the electronic applications will interfere with my CB. It's no big thing. My cell phones work fine, as will other electonics that we travel with. Now my only consern are the various app's that we download, such as tr avel guides, RV guides, and other over-the-air communications We just started to travel, using our Equinox as a travel camper, and it works great. We bought a add-on tent that attaches to the back of the rear door/hatch.
In any event, has anyone experienced electonic interface problems using other eleconic conveniences?

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
I have not run into this exact problem, but have had electronic interference in car stereo installs. I would suggest a good 12v hum/noise filter to condition the power and ground. I think workman makes units specifically for CB's. I always loved the CB as a kid. We camped with our cousins and grandparents and would use the cb to stay in touch while traveling in the good old days before cell phones. I put my arm out the window plenty of times trying to get the truckers to blow their horn. Thanks for keeping the country moving for all those years!

bowtieguy

Reaction score
Hey Vern - Thanks for the reply. You have a good naration on this site. I've given the kids a duble bugle horn off my Kenny. Got pulled over once because of it. The Trooper explained how some drivers may get distracted or even caught unprepared by the sound of a burst of my trumpets. So, to show you guys and gals the sense of humor that some Troppers have... that same trooper ,,, he walked back to his curiserm drove off ahead, pulled into a break in the interstate to get on the other side... now get this.... I'm approaching him, and he lowers his window, puts his arm out, pumps a few times... I give him the touter" ,, OLE DIXEY ... then he comes over my CB... " YEEE - HAW"
There's a lot of Troopers out there just trying to do their job, some with a great sense of humor, too. I owe my life to a trooper of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Like I mentioned, just doing their job.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Hey Vern - Thanks for the reply. You have a good naration on this site. I've given the kids a duble bugle horn off my Kenny. Got pulled over once because of it. The Trooper explained how some drivers may get distracted or even caught unprepared by the sound of a burst of my trumpets. So, to show you guys and gals the sense of humor that some Troppers have... that same trooper ,,, he walked back to his curiserm drove off ahead, pulled into a break in the interstate to get on the other side... now get this.... I'm approaching him, and he lowers his window, puts his arm out, pumps a few times... I give him the touter" ,, OLE DIXEY ... then he comes over my CB... " YEEE - HAW"
There's a lot of Troopers out there just trying to do their job, some with a great sense of humor, too. I owe my life to a trooper of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Like I mentioned, just doing their job.
Great story! thanks for sharing!

Members online

No members online now.