Supercharger.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
ha ha... Half of me wants to laugh about this and the other half wonders if anyone has tried one of these.

http://www.superchargerswarehouse.com/dyno-proven-results.html

Most of them do not work, and in fact are restrictions in the intake line that would reduce HP. The theory is fine, but they just do not produce enough CFM's to make any effect. Now depending on how much air they could move, it would work. I have seen people add a leaf blower to an intake on the dyno and pick-up gains in the 20+ HP range.....But look at how much air a leaf blower moves vs what that little fan adds.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
That thing has been around for a few years, makes you wonder how many people fall for it.

JayLT484

Reaction score
I have a real supercharger question. I'm looking into buying a refurbished supercharger from a Grand Prix and installing it into my 07 equinox. What do I need to do? The super charger is a 3800 and my engine is a 3400. I know it will work on my engine but what I want to know is everything I need to do to make it work. Do I need to change the fuel lines and fuel pump? Do I need to reprogram the computer? How much should I pay for the install?

oleg1981

Reaction score
first what you need is to change the transmission! the aisin transmission that we have will not hold big amount of torque!

Paul79UF

Reaction score
I have a real supercharger question. I'm looking into buying a refurbished supercharger from a Grand Prix and installing it into my 07 equinox. What do I need to do? The super charger is a 3800 and my engine is a 3400. I know it will work on my engine but what I want to know is everything I need to do to make it work. Do I need to change the fuel lines and fuel pump? Do I need to reprogram the computer? How much should I pay for the install?

Please keep us updated on your progress.

I had an '01 Grand Prix GTP for 10 years and I really miss the boost.

I doubt I'd ever get around to doing it on my nox but I'd like to live vicariously through you. :)

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score

You will need...

3800 Motor
Tranny w/ said motor (4T65-e HD)
Entire engine wiring harness
ECM/PCM depending on year of motor

1sLoY7

Reaction score
I knew 2 people with the eram electric SC. I was a skeptic at first but they actually did add a little ass to each vehicle and it was shown on the track and through the ole butt dyno. It was basically like having Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control (VTEC). As for the price of what the 2 guys paid for it ehhh. I would spend about $500 and just spray.

Greddy2race

Reaction score
I know this is resurrecting a very old thread, but there was an M62 supercharger kit that was made for the 3400. Some custom work would have to be done to the upper intake manifold, but I believe it is possible to do.

Members online