Strange door lock issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbundy19

Reaction score
I had a problem with the front passenger door window not working. I found some of the wires in the door jamb as broken. Two of the wires went to the window motor and one of them was for the door lock. I repaired all three wires and now the window works. The door actuator makes a noise when you press the switch or the FOB, but it never locks the door. The drivers side and the drivers side passenger door won't lock either. The passenger side rear door locks fine everytime and unlocks fine. I'm not sure why the other doors won't lock. The actuators attempt to lock the doors, but its like their not getting enough power. Any ideas what would be causing this? I would think a fuse or relay wouldn't allow the actuator to even move. Thanks

jbundy19

Reaction score
I forgot the doors lock when the equinox is put into drive, but won't unlock after putting it back in park.

beigmatt

Reaction score
Does it always lock for you when you put it into drive? That's very weird.

Regardless the new part is almost $200 at my local Advanced Auto Zone.

Maybe the rods got bent? I was able to bend mine until it worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts