Stabilitrak off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prheaume

Reaction score
I was driving down to my parents place then the DIC display "stabilitrak off"
And the stabilitrak icon lights up. Just don't know why. I know that I have to replace a wheel bearing but instead of that there is nothing wrong with the truck. Did it ever happened to you? Have any idea of what it can be?

Thanks

Pascal

oleg1981

Reaction score
I was driving down to my parents place then the DIC display "stabilitrak off"
And the stabilitrak icon lights up. Just don't know why. I know that I have to replace a wheel bearing but instead of that there is nothing wrong with the truck. Did it ever happened to you? Have any idea of what it can be?

Thanks

Pascal

probably its a speed sensor in hub.
and check the 80amp fuse. its between 2 screws on the right top side.
488086803_tp.jpg

prheaume

Reaction score
Don't know if its good or not but the light turn off when I took the truck later, probably something eith a sensor. We'll see!

prheaume

Reaction score
The light came back tonight, back home I've checked with my OBD2 scanner to found this code : C0701 in pending.

I've cleared this code and the stabilitrak light come off. But when I look on the net, this seems to be a weird code :

C0701 Level control accessory inflator switch circuit open

The car think that I have an air suspension? Weird thing

prheaume

Reaction score
Thank you Oleg for taking the time to check that. Appreciate it buddy!

C0701 is related to the suspension.

Transmission code start by the letter D for Drivetrain.

When I looked over the net, it seems that a lot of people are getting this code, but the erase it and it never come back, hope the same thing lol

Last edited:

prheaume

Reaction score
I've done the same road tonight, at the same speed, trying to get the code back and nothing. Thats a good news. But for me, I don't like that because I don't know from where it comes. I just want to understand haha

EQUINKNOCKS777

Reaction score
Anyone had the service stabilitrack light come on the after 2 days go off for good bug now sometimes when I turn t/c off when I hit the gas it kinda revs up by itself 2-3 times by few thousand revs then quits doin it? I tried to search it but came up empty

prheaume

Reaction score
Don't know if it will help but I talked with a new guy we have here who has been working for GM for more than 10 years. He told me that these things happened mostly on AWD vehicule.

When you put the key on the computer make a quick check of all sensors before starting, if you start the car right away or with the remote starter, these code can appear as the computer was probably reading a sensor and the signal was cut by the cranking.

This morning I had the '' service all wheel drive system '' light on. I've made a check in the shop as it is quiet and all is in good shape. Probably because of the weather, we had some bad temperature this week, about -45 yesterday. The truck started well but maybe some condensation in the oil or something. By the time I plug my scanner the light was gone.

1sLoY7

Reaction score
I had a service stabilitrack light and an ABS light come on. It would shut off the stabilitrack and ABS. Well I take it to the dealer and the light shuts off before I get there after 3 cycles of the key. In turn it stays off a few days and came back on. We take it to the dealer again and the code was for a wheel speed sensor and the steering assist. I changed the right rear hub assembly and voila no more codes and have been off for 4 months now. So I think I go that issue straightened out on the first try.

Members online

No members online now.