Stabil Trac System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken Rosey

Reaction score
My "Service Stabil Trac" light has come on twice in the past month. On both occassions, it went out after re-starting the vehicle. I spoke to the dealer and was told the light has to be on for a diagnoses of the problem. Even though the light is now off, I'm taking it in to the dealer. Does anyone know what some common problems are, the fix, and what's involved with the "service"?

Thanks,
Ken

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I haven't got a clue on this one. It will be interesting to learn what might be triggering this! Keep us updated if you can!

TheDeuce

Reaction score
Stabilitrak

I don't know if this applies, however I have similar problem with my 2006 Trailblazer with Stabilitrak. It was determined on those vehicles that sometimes during cold weather (less than 50 with my truck), if you park the front wheels at an angle, the sensors in the front wheels will not have a good connection upon startup, and will report a fault. If the wheels are parked straight, the system should be fine. I've noticed that as soon as I start moving, if the light comes on, I stop the car, restart it, and then keep going. The light should be off by then. Its just become habit to remember to park the car with the wheels straight and I usually don't have to worry about it. Hope this helps!

DVB1

Reaction score
I agree w/ deuce, we had this happen last month, several subzero days and my wife was called off work because of the weather so the EQ sat through those days. When she went back to work, on the way home she receive the "Service Stabil Trac" and lost power steering! The next morning everything was fine. Not sure how the wheels were but with a few days of snow and -4 to -12 days and the EQ not moving, I can see weather being the cause of this.

Members online

No members online now.