So........What did I miss???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Thats what warranty is for

:pokeowned:

Yeah that's great for any owner with any new car these days but I can't get past the looks... The back looks ok (Actually pretty BFA) but from the front I couldn't tell if it was a smart car stretch or just a smart car on crack..

Also the warranty can't fix poor quality from the factory. The reviews on these things for quality in the seats, carpet and dash are below GM worthy. I know you are mostly paying for the Turbo and it's nice that it has Nav and all the basic features that cars have these days but that dash is plain...

If I was going for something with a turbo and could make it in a car I would be going for a Evo...

Good luck to you and your search!

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Yeah that's great for any owner with any new car these days but I can't get past the looks... The back looks ok (Actually pretty BFA) but from the front I couldn't tell if it was a smart car stretch or just a smart car on crack..

Also the warranty can't fix poor quality from the factory. The reviews on these things for quality in the seats, carpet and dash are below GM worthy. I know you are mostly paying for the Turbo and it's nice that it has Nav and all the basic features that cars have these days but that dash is plain...

If I was going for something with a turbo and could make it in a car I would be going for a Evo...

Good luck to you and your search!

Its not something w/ a turbo...Its something that would be fun to drive and can still tow a decent amount, and high enough above the ground for some off-road driving while pulling a waverunner to drop in some non-improved boat ramps I use (sometimes I have my rear wheel half under water launching), reason I got rid of my cobalt ss/tc was this was impossible, and the best riding places require this!

But to answer your "dig"....ITS ON! You cannot serve, then I serve back w/o it being ON! Its the rules you know!

The Sportage has a higher quality rating over the Nox and Terrain....Just saying :waytogo: The biggest complaint on the Kia is the susupension is stiff! I like that!

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Kia_Sportage/Performance/

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Its not something w/ a turbo...Its something that would be fun to drive and can still tow a decent amount, and high enough above the ground for some off-road driving while pulling a waverunner to drop in some non-improved boat ramps I use (sometimes I have my rear wheel half under water launching), reason I got rid of my cobalt ss/tc was this was impossible, and the best riding places require this!

But to answer your "dig"....ITS ON! You cannot serve, then I serve back w/o it being ON! Its the rules you know!

The Sportage has a higher quality rating over the Nox and Terrain....Just saying :waytogo: The biggest complaint on the Kia is the susupension is stiff! I like that!

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Kia_Sportage/Performance/

My reviews/ratings were built of by personal comments by owners, guys who work on them at Hendrick Kia where I used to work and my brother still does and the reviews from those who test drive them... I could show you a million reviews that show the Equinox Terrain with better reviews..

Actually I can serve and own if you put me up to it cause USnews actually gave the interior rating higher than the Kia by quite a bit...

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Chevrolet_Equinox/

I mean tell me what you thought about it when you got in it... Was the interior better than your NOX? IMO, Honestly it's a far cry not... But I would still like to hear what you thought.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
My reviews/ratings were built of by personal comments by owners, guys who work on them at Hendrick Kia where I used to work and my brother still does and the reviews from those who test drive them... I could show you a million reviews that show the Equinox Terrain with better reviews..

Actually I can serve and own if you put me up to it cause USnews actually gave the interior rating higher than the Kia by quite a bit...

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Chevrolet_Equinox/

I mean tell me what you thought about it when you got in it... Was the interior better than your NOX? IMO, Honestly it's a far cry not... But I would still like to hear what you thought.

Do not deny the interior of the Nox is better....But you mentioned quality and reliablity.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Do not deny the interior of the Nox is better....But you mentioned quality and reliablity...

The 2.4 isnt doing so well for GM, lots of issues, lots of problems still to fix. The 6T45e is very similar, then add GM's lackluster ability to program ECM's/TCM's,....I would say I would go w/ the Kia>GM on this when talking quality/reliablity. Of course thats why the Nox/Terrain are given a 5.0, the Kia is a 7.0...and the KBB expected resale value (something I watch and care about) is 10% higher for hte Sportage (actually in Honda territory of 65% now). The Nox is 54%....SO in 3 years you can expect your Nox to be 54% of the sticker value

If you compare apples to apples. The 2011 Nox has a reliability rating of 6 as is was the same rating of the Sportage in 2010... I do believe that the sportage started out with a 5 rating for a few years from 2005-2009... So the numbers are just relative to how long the vehicle has been made, I guess. I am sure that if they were rating the Kia sportage with the Turbo that reliability rating would be somewhat lower. :p

I believe that they are having some issues with the 2.4 but it's good that there is a 100k 5 year warranty on them. Hopefully that's enough to get these issues ironed out.

Sadly friends of ours have their Kia Sportage in the shop every week just about.

We currently have 40k miles on our Nox and have not had any issues... I did put a little scratch on the passenger seat in the leather with a key. It was a accident. And it pissed me off cause I knew that it was my own stupid fault..

I think that I would be happy with 54% value in 3 years. I am not planning on trading or selling anytime soon. I will probably keep it till I can put any more miles on it at all.

Actually, I feel like being 10% lower in 3 years won't be so bad in comparison to what you will lose in trade. Maybe they will give you a good trade to get you out of a gm... I really don't know...

I hate trading to dealers. They want to keep you so low so that they can make a grand at the auctions without any lot time or advertising. They may put it on for their used cars and make a killing over trade. Who knows.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
If you compare apples to apples. The 2011 Nox has a reliability rating of 6 as is was the same rating of the Sportage in 2010... I do believe that the sportage started out with a 5 rating for a few years from 2005-2009... So the numbers are just relative to how long the vehicle has been made, I guess. I am sure that if they were rating the Kia sportage with the Turbo that reliability rating would be somewhat lower. :p

I believe that they are having some issues with the 2.4 but it's good that there is a 100k 5 year warranty on them. Hopefully that's enough to get these issues ironed out.

Sadly friends of ours have their Kia Sportage in the shop every week just about.

We currently have 40k miles on our Nox and have not had any issues... I did put a little scratch on the passenger seat in the leather with a key. It was a accident. And it pissed me off cause I knew that it was my own stupid fault..

I think that I would be happy with 54% value in 3 years. I am not planning on trading or selling anytime soon. I will probably keep it till I can put any more miles on it at all.

Actually, I feel like being 10% lower in 3 years won't be so bad in comparison to what you will lose in trade. Maybe they will give you a good trade to get you out of a gm... I really don't know...

I hate trading to dealers. They want to keep you so low so that they can make a grand at the auctions without any lot time or advertising. They may put it on for their used cars and make a killing over trade. Who knows.

I never loose in trades :)...Well except the Cobalt, value dropped crazy on that one (but then again only lost 1K)...I'm positive in this setup vs what black-book trade-in values are (which is what most dealers go by, its always several thousand less then kbb trade-in)

We shall see...I'm in an industry that is a good forcast of the overall economy is doing...And the past 2 months it has hit a HUGE slump (trucking industry)...I expect some 0% offers coming soon

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I never loose in trades :)...Well except the Cobalt, value dropped crazy on that one (but then again only lost 1K)...I'm positive in this setup vs what black-book trade-in values are (which is what most dealers go by, its always several thousand less then kbb trade-in)

We shall see...I'm in an industry that is a good forcast of the overall economy is doing...And the past 2 months it has hit a HUGE slump (trucking industry)...I expect some 0% offers coming soon

I don't blame you for chasing 0%. I would have with my truck purchase if it wasn't a diesel. The best I could grab was 2.9

Members online

No members online now.