Passenger Seat Track

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hseiff

Reaction score
The mechanical passenger seat on our 2011 Equinox quit sliding back and forth. Looking underneath while moving the lever showed no problem. I tried to remove the six bolts holding the seat but found they had a round head (!) which turned when the nut was turned.

Took the car to the friendly Chevy dealer who charged me $125 for a diagnosis. He said seat track wasn't working and he couldn't see the specific problem, nor could he get the seat out. Said it would cost $967 (additional) for a new seat track and that he'd have to use imagination to set the old one out (i.e. cut it out, I assume). Can anyone (esp GM) help or do I have to live with it or pay up?

hseiff

Reaction score
ruley73, a submitter to the chevroletforum.com had the right idea.
After trying again to remove the nuts by wedging the round bolt heads in place with no success, and having my wife move the lever up and down while I stuck my head and a flashlight on the floor looking at the track, I discovered a pen caught in the seat track! When I fished it out, everything worked fine. So I guess I'll never find out why GM uses round bolt heads, but, hopefully, I'll never need to know. Thanks to the chevroletforum posters for all for their suggestions.

Members online

No members online now.