Non-Starting Condition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tk3000

Reaction score
I got a 2010 GMC terrain AWD 2.4L which has a recurrent non-starting condition. Previously, I replaced the starter and it seemed to take care of the problem; but then the non-starting condition is back is full swing: there is no sign of life coming from the starter besides what seems a click from a relay from the engine compartment

Took the new starter to a local autozone in order to check it and it passed all the tests.

Battery is new, and has been checked under load (load tester) and its cca checked ok too.

Checked the cables going from the battery to the starter for resistance. Obtained 2 ohms from battery terminals to starter terminals. Obtained about 3 ohms from battery negative terminal to spot where starter seats. The resistance seems pretty low so the cable should not be a problem.

There is also a check engine light. Readings were of values like $07E8 (which may be a misfire condition that could be the result of many failled starting attempts). Another code obtained was P15A1 which seems to be related to Fuel Economy Mode Switch Performance and not related to the non-starting condition of mine.

I swapped the starter relays with the fog light in the engine compartment for no avail. It seems that the culprit may be the neutral/parking switch. Also, I was trying to c heck whether or not there is signal going to the starter solenoid to engage it but I can not find a type of connector (only have crocodile clips) that will fit into the connector in the starter. But I suspect that there will be no signal going to the starter solenoid since the starter itself tested ok what brings me back to the neutral/parking switch or maybe something else.

Any insights into this conundrum would be appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.