Newbie from Chicagoland

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowbound

Reaction score
Hello all. I’m Jim and I have an ‘07 Equinox in my arsenal. I’ve owned it since ‘10 and it’s been a great vehicle up until recently. I joined the forum to share what I’ve had to do and also to get some advise from others. I’m gonna make a post when I find the right category after I’m done here.

Little history just to throw it out there. I was an ASE certified mechanic for over 14 years. The last 7 of that was mainly heavy equipment, OTR trucks and tug boats. Currently working as a maintenance mechanic for a large chemical company, long story but short version is, I had a truck blow up while I was working on it and it almost killed me. I was burnt up pretty badly and continuing to swing wrenches was playing hell on my skin graphed hands. I’m married and have 3 great kids, 12,10 and 3. I’m mainly a diesel guy but I still work on everything. I have a Duramax as my daily, 89 K5 GMC Jimmy project that I dropped a 6bt Cummins in, a 97 K1500 Centurion Conversion that’s lifted 15” sitting on 49” tires, recently sold a 99 Denali that I built up like crazy and grabbed a 94 Firebird Formula 6 speed car that I’ve been after for the past few years. That’s getting an iron 5.3 LS bored to a 5.7 and either a single hairdryer or I still might do twins.

And that’s about it. Look forward to getting involved with the forum. Take care and stay safe.

Jim

Members online

No members online now.