Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L. Seegars

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I’m a new member… I’ve always been a Chevy girl, currently own a 2016 Chevy Impala and recently purchased a 2023 Chevy Equinox RS. I love the aesthetics of the car however, it’s taken some getting used to when it comes to the power… overall I’m happy with it. Only thing I’ve noticed is there is a click everytime I press the brake pedal, not sure if it’s normal or something to be concerned about. I purchased it brand new with additional warranties so either way, it’s covered.

Happy to be a member of this forum, I’m sure I will be a frequent visitor of the site!

I’ve since gotten the front two windows tinted and had the calipers painted red to match the RS trim.
75AA5D63-5C66-4A87-8415-F8392EB86AD1.jpeg

ricklack

Reaction score
Welcome, nice RS! There is no clicking when I press the brake pedal on my 2022 so you'll want the dealer to check that.

Good news is that mine has 58,000km so far and only issues are that the black chrome trim on the rear bumper has had to be changed twice and the front grill once. Seems it is common for the black chrome to peel according to a mechanic at the dealer. The good news is that under the black chrome is regular chrome.

My RS is Iron Grey and to be honest almost too much dark for my taste. When the warranty is over I will likely peel the black chrome off when it starts peeling again. I think it will look better with a little chrome. I have alloy wheels for my snow tires and I prefer the way they look to the black chrome summer wheels. But the Iron Grey is almost a perfect match to the black chrome wheels so I like the contrast of the winter wheels. I think the darker wheels look great on your 2023.

You mention the power issue - I run premium in mine and it has helped both power and mileage. Not that it will ever be like your V6 but it does help. If you are a Costco member, the difference between regular and premium is less than at most stations, and it is top tier gas.

Funny, I was just looking at red paint for my calipers for when it gets warmer here in the great white north. What brand paint did you use?

L. Seegars

Reaction score
Hey @ricklack, thank you for all this great info!! You are absolutely correct about the premium gas, that’s what I’ve been using and it does run better and give better gas mileage.

I took the car to a rim shop and they painted the calipers for me, I’m not sure what brand of paint they used. I will keep an eye on the trim and grille, thanks again for pointing that out.

I’ve taken it to the dealership for the clicking and they tried telling me it’s nothing to worry about so I’ve since contacted GM and they are setting up a diagnostic check with that dealership just to be sure.

I will update once I know more!

ricklack

Reaction score
I painted mine this weekend ...... the red is pretty close to the red outline Equinox badges on the door - I'm happy how they came out.
20230828_090224.jpg20230828_090237.jpg

L. Seegars

Reaction score
They look great. This is exactly how mine looks now that they are painted. I do love the look it gives!

Members online