New to the Equinox world and having trouble!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ngilstrap

Reaction score
My 2007 Equinox has the stabilitrak light and traction control light on, as well as the ABS light. The newest addition, however, is the "Brake!" light. It started off being an intermittent problem with stabilitrak and traction control. It would only come on after a while of driving. Then the ABS light joined them. Now they are on all the time.

My research said that it could be a lot of different issues, but the one most people were suggesting was the EGR. First, I'm not sure where exactly that is located, but more importantly, I haven't noticed any performance issues. I'm not sure if the EGR valve could have an issue and not affect the performance though.

Today was the first time the "Brake!" light was on though. The check engine light has not come on at all. If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it!!! This is my wife's daily driver and I would like her vehicle to be in top condition!

JohnnyWinterdaal

Reaction score
Hi Ngilstrap, I had same problem and searched all forums I could find and indeed most solution indicated the EGR valve which I did replace but it stayed the exact same. After almost two years suddenly I had ABS and a red Exclamation look alike sign and taught it was the handbrake. But no. Then realized it could be the BRAKE FLUID. And BINGO, I filled the reservoir up to the max sign and up to now (a couple of months later) all's well.
Will be hearing from you if this was a solution to you as well.

Members online