New radio for 05+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tallbump

Reaction score
So, started having problems with the CD player. We had a burned CD in and it got stuck. It wouldn't play or eject. After somenot so gentle "tapping" on the dash, I was able to get it to play. But then it wouldn't eject.

Finally after playing around by sticking another CD in a d using it to get leverage, it came out.

So, now I need a new CD player. I of course am considering an aftermarket, but thiought if chance someone had one laying around they had not use for because htey upgraded already, I'd see what's out there. Let me know.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Normally the best places to look for factory radios are the local junk yards followed by Craigslist and Ebay.

I will keep a look out and let you know if I find anything.

tallbump

Reaction score
Thanks

Yeah, I'll check the local yards. I just thought maybe someone would have their old one laying around somewhere.

A lot of folks I know have older factory units sitting around collecting dust LOL

tallbump

Reaction score
Does anyone know if either of these will work?
I have a 05/06 G6 6 disc changer and a 2007 Saturn Ion Single CD with Aux input here that I plan on selling soon

This is from a good friend on another forum.

tallbump

Reaction score
For the g6 there are 2 numbers, compatible with each other

15243188, 22714807

for the Saturn

15790419,15850682, 15878975

Here are some pics for comparison

I think the Saturn one will work.

Does it look like this?

saturnchanger2.jpg

Saturnchanger.jpg

Here's the one for the Nox

Equinoxchanger2.jpg

Equinoxchanger.jpg

They look the same to me.

prheaume

Reaction score
As I told you on facebook, here are the pics of my radio

img0151bhq.jpg

img0150dc.jpg

tallbump

Reaction score
Hmmm...that one looks a little different.

The connections on the back seem like both sets are the same size, but the other ones seem 2 different sizes.

prheaume

Reaction score
keep in mind that my radio come from a 2007. If the facia of yours is different than the one I posted, maybe the connections are different too

Radio is really easy to take appart, take 5 minutes. Be sure to have the unlock code of the new one you want to buy as well. When the car will look at all the module on startup, he will see that the radio comes from a different VIN, it may lock right on.

tallbump

Reaction score
Yeah, it may be an 07 issue.

I think I'll pull out the one that's in there and take a look.

DO you just pull off that factory bezel and take out a few screws?

prheaume

Reaction score
yes the trim is a complete assembly from the dash to under the shifter. under that you have 4 screws (10mm) retaining the radio. To give you space to work put the shifter at L and the parking brake.

Members online