My Trunk Will Not Open!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Superazteacher

Reaction score
I am the original owner of a 2013 Chevy Equinox. Recently I have been unable to open the trunk with my remote keys. (This is the ONLY way the trunk has opened.) I've spent numerous hours and money at both a shop and the dealership. The dealership last week took four hours only to tell me to come back the following week. Two weeks ago when I was there, they replaced the latch but that did no good. As we had a Holiday Weekend, the advisor said he would call me on Tuesday. It's now Friday and I even put in a call to him but never heard back from him. This is SO FRUSTRATING!! I already spent over $300 having the latch replaced but that didn't work.

Dr. Rocken

Reaction score
My hatch will not open if I'm in drive.
Maybe your shift selector is off.

ron6962

Reaction score
Hello. Curious if you ever found a fix? I have similar issue.

julie10

Reaction score
I am the original owner of a 2013 Chevy Equinox. Recently I have been unable to open the trunk with my remote keys. (This is the ONLY way the trunk has opened.) I've spent numerous hours and money at both a shop and the dealership. The dealership last week took four hours only to tell me to come back the following week. Two weeks ago when I was there, they replaced the latch but that did no good. As we had a Holiday Weekend, the advisor said he would call me on Tuesday. It's now Friday and I even put in a call to him but never heard back from him. This is SO FRUSTRATING!! I already spent over $300 having the latch replaced but that didn't work.
I have a 2012. A couple of weeks ago, when our weather here in SE VA was very cold, I was having the same problem. Now that it's back in the 40s, the problem has gone away. My dealer said they may have to replace the latch; but I see that perhaps that will make no difference. I'm not going to spend the money and time now that's it's working again. Maybe it IS just a temperature issue! I'll worry about it when I can't load the dogs again!

Members online