My last Chevrolet - 2010 Equinox - Motor and Transmission Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdt2001

Reaction score
I have bought my last Chevrolet. I have a 2010 Equinox that is on its third transmission and second (rebuilt) motor all before 100,000 miles. I have had numerous other issues with the vehicle both front CV joint shafts have been replaced, motor uses oil, ac has gone out, fuel pump replaced, brake master cylinder failed and booster failed, etc….
The motor and transmission where both replaced/rebuilt at 96,000 miles (failed one day / 12 hours after warranty expired. The car had been into the dealership multiple times for excessive oil consumption while vehicle was under warranty, but each time they claimed it was “normal usage” it was burning 2+ quarts every 3,000 miles. Amazingly, after the warranty failed suddenly it was deemed excessive oil consumption and the dealer rebuilt the motor (I had to pay, but they covered some of the cost). They replaced the pistons and rings. At time of repair was told that since I had to pay for the repairs the motor and transmission would have a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty.
One and a half years and 19,000 miles later the rebuilt motor began to leak oil from the crankshaft seal. Brought to Chevrolet and was told that the motor does not have a warranty through Chevrolet, that the warranty is only through the dealership that did the work and it is one year, 12,000 miles and I will have to pay for the repair.
What a great vehicle.

GreenMountain71

Reaction score
Wow! Having problems with mine but not as bad! Sorry to hear. I feel the same way when you say last Chevy. My local ford dealers offering 10k off MSRP. So I'm changing my cracked manifold on my 2+ quart of oil eating machine that's under spec through gm! SMH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LurpyGeek

Reaction score
Not to sound condescending and I don't know the history of the vehicle (whether you're the first owner or not), but this sounds like a vehicle that has been heavily abused.

The dealership may have dropped the ball by claiming things are normal when you took it there, but there is no way that all of those components failed under normal usage.

prheaume

Reaction score
Bought my 2007 in 2011 .. good reliable vehicule, nothing major but always something. 30$ 50$ 100$ .. not big amount but always something to do and I'm not talking about the paint on the rear end of the vehicule. As I work for Dodge now I'm about to trade it away

Members online

No members online now.